Weather permitting, Georgia Department of Transportation construction partners will close lanes on I-285 eastbound and westbound and SR 400 northbound and southbound for activities to include roadway, noise barrier, and bridge construction. Travel restrictions include possible delays, reduced speeds, and detours in some areas.
WHEN/WHERE: Traffic Impacts on I-285 and SR 400 from September 1 through September 5, 2022
Friday, September 2, 12 p.m. through Tuesday, September 6, 10 p.m.
***LABOR DAY LANE CLOSURE RESTRICTIONS –
NO LANE & RAMP CLOSURES ALONG I-285 or SR 400***
Thursday, September 1, 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
General Lane Closures & Traffic Pacings:
- One left lane on I-285 eastbound from Mount Vernon Highway to Roswell Road
- Two left lanes on I-285 westbound from Roswell Road to Mount Vernon Highway
- One left lane on I-285 eastbound from Perimeter Center Parkway to Ashford Dunwoody Road
- Two left lanes on I-285 westbound at Ashford Dunwoody Road
Closures and Detours:
Abernathy Road to SR 400 southbound (Detour Map)
- Motorists traveling on Abernathy Road to SR 400 southbound will use SR 400 northbound and Exit 6 Northridge Drive to access SR 400 southbound.
I-285 eastbound to Ashford Dunwoody Road (Detour Map)
- Motorists traveling on I-285 eastbound to Ashford Dunwoody Road should use Exit 30 Chamblee Dunwoody Road and I-285 westbound to access Ashford Dunwoody Road (Exit 29).
SR 400 southbound to Hammond Drive (Detour Map)
- Motorists traveling from SR 400 southbound to Hammond Drive should use Exit 5 Abernathy Road and Mercedes-Benz Drive (road changes to Barfield Road) to access Hammond Drive.
Ashford Dunwoody Road to I-285 eastbound (Detour Map)
- Motorists traveling on Ashford Dunwoody Road to I-285 eastbound should use Perimeter Summit Parkway (road changes to Lake Hearn Drive) and Peachtree Dunwoody Road to access I-285 eastbound.
For email updates on this project here: https://dot.us20.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=85e8270674fc9a47b18bf99be&id=92621e6905