Weather permitting, Georgia Department of Transportation contractors will close the intersection at Abernathy Road, Mercedes-Benz Drive/Barfield Road, and Glenlake Parkway, for work pertaining to a new turn lane onto Glenlake, median work, and new traffic signal installation. The full intersection closure is planned for Thursday and Friday nights.
***The intersection and approaches will be closed to all through traffic.
Local traffic will be able to access businesses and residences. ***
Thursday, Sept. 21, from 9 p.m. to Friday, Sept. 22, at 5 a.m.
Friday, Sept. 22, from 9 p.m. to Saturday, Sept. 23, at 5 a.m.
Abernathy Road @ Barfield Road Intersection Full Closure (Detour Map)
- Motorists traveling on Glenlake Parkway should use Glenridge Drive, Mount Vernon Highway, and Peachtree Dunwoody Road to access Abernathy Road.
- Motorists traveling on Abernathy Road eastbound should use Glenridge Drive, Mount Vernon Highway, and Peachtree Dunwoody Road to access SR 400 northbound or southbound.
- Motorists traveling on SR 400 southbound to Abernathy Road westbound should use Abernathy Road eastbound, Peachtree Dunwoody Road, Mount Vernon Highway, and Glenridge Drive to access Abernathy Road westbound.
- Motorists traveling northbound on Barfield Road should use Mount Vernon Highway and Peachtree Dunwoody Road to access Abernathy Road eastbound and SR 400 northbound or southbound.
- Motorists traveling westbound on Abernathy Road should use Peachtree Dunwoody Road, Mount Vernon Highway, and Glenridge Drive to continue west on Abernathy Road.
ADVISORY: Dates and times may change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are advised to expect delays, exercise caution, and reduce their speed while traveling through work zones. Before heading out, get real-time information on work status and traffic conditions. Call 511, visit 511ga.org, or download the Georgia 511 app.
For email updates on this project here: https://dot.us20.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=85e8270674fc9a47b18bf99be&id=92621e6905