GDOT’s I-285/SR 400 Interchange Improvement project is making progress on a major milestone.
Construction of the Mt. Vernon Highway Bridge is the first major improvement of the 3+ year I-285/SR 400 Interchange Improvement project. For this project, a new four-lane bridge will be built alongside the existing bridge. Road crews and contractors are working in stages so that traffic interruptions are kept to a minimum, but closures and delays are necessary to the success of the project. Many of these closures take place overnight, so that traffic at peak times is less affected.
What’s next? Here are some upcoming projects you can expect with 285 @ 400:
– Permanent Flexible Shoulder Lane closure
– Flagging operations for utility relocations
– Tree clearing
– Variable Speed Limit sign replacement
– Construction of the Collector-Distributor lanes on SR 400
– Abernathy Road Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI)
Want to keep your team members informed and updated on 285 @ 400? Look to GDOT’s website for upcoming closures, and sign up for traffic alerts HERE. Feeling social? Get connected with GDOT on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.