Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/perimeterconnects.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/vision_wp/template_inc/loop-index.php on line 207
Sandy Springs and Dunwoody both have great opportunities to enjoy the fall weather and stretch your legs! Join in these great events.
There’s nothing like a good walk to work off those extra helpings of stuffing. The Heritage Sandy Springs Outdoors Club (HSSOC) hosts weekly urban hikes on Fridays and Saturdays, including Thanksgiving weekend. The mission of the HSSOC is to encourage residents and visitors to explore Sandy Springs’ local parks while meeting other outdoors enthusiasts. Here are some details to remember:
- Walks are held every Friday (8:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.) and Saturday (8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.)
- Don’t miss special holiday hikes on other days
- The club is FREE and open to all ages and skill levels
- Advance registration is requested
- All participants MUST complete an online liability waiver
Sign up for the Heritage Sandy Springs Outdoors Club and start a new adventure today! Click HERE to register.
Join us for Walk with a Doc, a walking program that comes with a bonus benefit. One Saturday every month, you can participate in this FREE walk that comes with its own doctor. Walk at your own pace and get the opportunity to ask local physicians questions about various health and wellness topics. Did you know that walking has the lowest dropout rate of any physical activity (according to the American Heart Association)?
Interested in Walk with a Doc? Here’s your prescription for participation:
- Walks happen the 2nd Saturday of every month in 2017
- December 9th walk features Dr. Mitchell Blass with Georgia Infectious Diseases
- Location: Brook Run Park, 4770 N. Peachtree Rd
- Time: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- It’s free – walk alone, with friends, or with family
- No special gear, no special rules, no registration needed
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Hosted by the City of Dunwoody
Take steps to improve your heart and health! Find out more HERE.