Our new Work From Home (WFH) series is here to give you quick tips and ideas for improving your at-home work experience. Read on for tips to stay connected with your colleagues while working remotely.
Missing your office mates and looking to connect? Staying tuned in to your coworkers can help boost productivity and teamwork. And in a remote environment, this connection becomes even more important. The Society of Human Resources Management surveyed companies to see how they are using technology to keep in touch. Check out these strategies:
- Host an online storytime for kids
- Create a “feel good” Slack channel dedicated to positive news
- Organize a pet parade…you know you want to
- Virtual pizza parties are a perfect way to get the toppings you want
- Join an office book club
And, with the spotlight on celebrations being a bit dimmer than usual, add some sparkle back by honoring milestones at work. Sharing successes and special days can bring coworkers together and keep them connected. And it might just be better than that grocery-store cake! Try these tips to keep things festive:
- Be big on birthdays – send birthday cards via snail mail or make it a group effort with a virtual card
- Be all about the shout-out – give credit for a great idea during a team meeting or mention a recent success to make folks feel special and appreciated (and you don’t have to be the boss to do it!)
- Plan a virtual surprise for a promotion or retirement party – have everyone wear a funny hat or use a custom Zoom background for the honoree
Looking for more WFH resources and tips? Check out our WFH Care Package.